NF_GLOBAL and nfmpi_put_var_real

Rene Redler redler at ccrl-nece.de
Mon May 9 02:28:09 CDT 2005

Hi Yu-Heng,

   it could be that all your problems described below
are related to the fact that NF_UNLIMITED is still
defined as integer*4 . The only place where it is
probably needed as argument is nfmpi_def_dim . But
nfmpi_def_dim requires the respective argument to
be of Type MPI_OFFSET which is in most MPI implementations
integer*8

[...]
integer(kind=MPI_OFFSET_KIND) :: mydim
[...]
mydim = NF_UNLIMITED
[...]
call nfmpi_def_dim ( ncid, varname,    mydim   , dimid )

will probably help, at least it did in my piece of code.

Rene