Parallel-NetCDF 1.0.0 2nd pre-release

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 2 18:47:22 CDT 2005

While it has taken a good deal longer than I thought it would, we have
addressed many of the issues we found with our Fortran interface on
the Cray X-1.  Now both nc_test and nf_test compile and run
successfully.

This 2nd prerelase has the following changes relative to 1.0.0-pre1:

- Document the procedure we folowed for building on the Cray X-1
- Tweak various Makefiles and test programs to understand the X-1
  environment
- Improved configure tests for MPI datatypes.  Should work much better
  across a wider array of MPI implementations.
- Handle better the case where the fortran compiler does not
  run .F files through the preprocessor.

We still have to address issues Rene Redler brought up, but I figured
getting our Cray X-1 support in order warranted another pre-release.

Thanks in advance for any testing and feedback you can offer.  It may
not seem like it, but we really quite close to our 1.0.0 release, so
help us make it a good one.

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/parallel-netcdf/

Have fun!

Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B