Partial output problem

Yu-Heng Tseng YHTseng at lbl.gov
Fri Jul 22 00:50:58 CDT 2005

Hi,

I am testing nfmpi_vara_put_all() in Fortran
which can output subarray using
mpi_type_create_subarray() to specify partial
array. The test example works fine if I output
the subarrays from all processors.

However, I got some problems when outputing only
partial arrays from some of the processors (not all of them).
the mpi_type_create_subarray() gives me error
if I specify count=0 (not output from that particular processer).

ERROR: 0032-309 Invalid array element  (0) in
MPI_Type_create_subarray, task 1

For example, process 0 has array [1 2;3 4;5 6]
process 1 has array [7 8; 9 10; 11 12].
If I only want to output [1 2] from process 0.
I specify count=0 in process 1. It seems this statment
is not allowed in mpi_type_create_subarray().

Any other way to avoid this problem using parallel netCDF?

Thanks!

Yu-heng