mixed use of size_t and MPI_Offset

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Apr 30 10:09:01 CDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 02:00:07PM -0500, Jonghyun Lee wrote:
> Any specific reason for this mixed use? I didn't have this problem with
> the previous version, and I think this is causing confusions. I don't know
> if this has already been discussed.

Hi Jonghyun
We already talked about this in person, but for the sake of the
mailing list archives...

we changed our api in 0.9.4 so that all ncmpi_ routines take
MPI_Offset instead of size_t.  Codes ported to parallel-netcdf prior
to 0.9.4 (such as the flash io benchmark) will have to be updated.
The good news is that's our last api change (we've made additional api
extensions).

Did you find places where parallel-netcdf was still using size_t? It
sounds to me like only flash IO was using size_t, but just wanted to
make sure.

Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B