Parallel netCDF in 64 bits environment

Jianwei Li jianwei at ece.northwestern.edu
Wed Apr 20 09:50:51 CDT 2005

Yu-heng,

That's great!
We'll add the $(CFLAGS) in the C compile line of Makefile to
make it consistent.
It worked for me somehow because, on AIX, 32/64-bit mode is
usually enabled by OBJECT_MODE=32/64 which automatically sets
-q32/-q64 as default option (and of course you can override
that default by explicit -q32/-q64).
Anyway, adding both OBJECT_MODE=64 and -q64 should be safe.

Thank you for pointing this out and sharing your experience
with the PnetCDF software.

Jianwei