Inquiry function bug?

Roger Ting rogermht at vpac.org
Thu Mar 11 23:02:41 CST 2004

Spending a bit more time with the problem i described in my last
message, i think the problem stems from the fact that independent mode
data function doesn't update the file after each addition of record.
Therefore, the unlimited dimension is not incremented after one
processor add a record to the file. The other processor didn't realize
and therefore overwrite the addition made by the first processor.
Is there a way to flush out the addition after each turn ? I realize
that nfmpi_sync is a collective function.  Hence, it can't be used if
i want to access the file independently.  The weird thing is i can use
nfmpi_inq_dimlen even though i am in independent mode. This causes some
confusion . I thought all inquiry functions are collective operation.

Roger