moving to subscriber-only list

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jun 19 16:13:08 CDT 2004

Hello

As I'm sure you've noticed, we've gotten a lot of junk from
'Majordomo at mcs.anl.gov'.  Spam programs are forging HTML mail from
parallel-netcdf to Majordomo at mcs.anl.gov and majordomo is kindly
replying to the (forged) address -- us.

Well, the only good way to fix this and other spam is to make the list
subscriber only.  People will not be able to post to this list unless
they are subscribed.  I hope this does not cause any inconvieneince to
anybody.  If you feel strongly that it is better to have an open list
(and possibly more spam), let me know.

Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B