pnf_test.F

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 23 09:39:44 CDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 03:42:53PM +0200, Reiner Vogelsang wrote:
> Last but not least, are there any known restrictions to prevent me from
> running the code
> with 1024x1024x1024?

The serial netcdf file format does not allow for files larger than
2GB, but 1024^3 is within that restriction.

We don't like the 2GB restriction, and we're thinking about ways to
work around it.   We might create an "i don't care about
compatibility" mode that allows 64 bit file offsets, or maybe the
serial netcdf folks will define a 64 bit file mode.

Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B