parallel netcdf / hdf

John Tannahill tannahill1 at llnl.gov
Fri Sep 12 13:56:10 CDT 2003

Richard,

Thanks for continuing to pursue this; I probably won't get to it
today.  I will soon have a pretty good set of parallel netcdf
timing numbers for seaborg (NERSC IBM-SP), mcr, and tckk
(different number of processors, different file sizes, parallel
versus serial, etc.).  While I would very much like to have some
hdf5 timings from at least one of the machines (probably seaborg)
to compare with, it is not a show stopper.  Will need to start
writing things up next week and make sure things are complete by
the end of the month.

By the way, my test codes are set up to mimic as closely as
possible how we are currently doing serial netcdf I/O in our major
model, as well as how we would do something comparable with
parallel netcdf.

Regards,
John

--