installing 0.9.0

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 6 16:39:40 CDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 12:28:16PM -0700, John Tannahill wrote:
> # On NERSC's IBM-SP, the location of MPI is hidden from the user
> # inside of the wrappers like mpcc_r (I think), so I really don't
> # know what to set --with-mpi= to.  What about a nocheck or
> # unknown option for this argument?  I already know that MPI-IO is
> # supported anyway.

OK, i'm probably goofing up something in the configure script: You
*shouldn't* need to use --with-mpi if you set the CC and F77 (or FC)
environment variables, but i haven't tested this on an SP myself.

I've added a --disable-mpi-io-test option : if you absolutely know
your MPI implementation has MPI-IO support, then configure will bypass
the check for MPI-IO.

Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B