further nc_test progress

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 20 11:15:58 CST 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 03:02:10PM -0600, Jianwei Li wrote:
> Good news.
>
> Now, nc_test can pass most of the tests.

nc_test -c works for me, and now the strange FAILURE messages go away,
too.  I couldn't figure out at all why they were happening, so i'm
glad you fixed it.

When i compare it to the test.nc file created by serial netcdf, i see
they have the same size, but different md5sums.  I don't know how big
a deal it is, but to see the differences, run 'od' on both files and
compare the output.

'nc_test -r test.nc' passes everything: as you said, there is a bit of a
discrepancy between how we return error codes and how serial netcdf
returns them, but its great to see "Total number of failures: 2"

'nc_test test.nc' has a few problems for me:  I was getting a couple
errors because the test did independent operations w/o putting itself
in indep mode.  I fixed those, but there are still a few errors. Then
it gets to "testing ncmpi_put_var_short" and just hangs.    Have you
seen this?   I *am* building parallel-netcdf with mpich2, so maybe
that's a factor?

Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B