[Nek5000-users] Shear-periodic boundary conditions

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 17 07:31:52 CDT 2018

Hi Neks

We try to simulate a homogeneous shear flow with shear-periodic boundary conditions. In x and z direction, the boundary conditions are periodic. But in y direction, the boundary conditions are

f(x, L, z) = f(x - S*t*L, 0, z)

where f(x,y,z) is any field, S is the shear rate and L is the domain size in y. How could we implement these boundary conditions? (In the moment, we specify Dirichlet boundary conditions at y = 0 and y = L and interpolate the fields with the spectral interpolation routine.)

Thank you for your support.

Best, Philipp