[Nek5000-users] Traction BC

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 12 08:05:16 CDT 2018

Dear Neks,

I have modified the turbChannel example (available in v17.0) to a WRLES
flat plate test case and validated it against DNS data.

One step further, I am now imposing traction boundary condition on the
wall, i.e tauw (TRX,TRZ) and computing the wall shear stress thanks to
torque_calc routine. The computed wall shear stress corresponds to the
one I am imposing. However the fluid accelerates at the wall and never
converges to a value.

1. The wall shear stress in correct but the velocity increases over
time. How can this be possible ?

2. Are you aware of the formalism surrounding traction boundary
condition in the discrete equations ?

Sincerely,

Armand.

--
*Armand Shams*
Master Thesis Intern

ONERA - The French Aerospace Lab - Centre de Meudon
8, rue des Vertugadins - 92190 MEUDON

Nous suivre sur : www.onera.fr <https://www.onera.fr> | Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/@onera_fr> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/onera> | Facebook