[Nek5000-users] Cylindrical Channel in Rectangular Prism using .re2

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 5 15:15:01 CDT 2018

Hello Nek developers and users,

I am currently developing a case in which a 3D rectangular domain containing a cylindrical channel located at its center.   This channel will have a constant temperature BC.
Does anyone have any experience with this or a similar setup, i.e. placing a cylinder in the mesh and applying boundary conditions to it?
Please direct me to any literature referencing this process or help with some suggestions.  All the examples I've found  make use of .rea and I am using .re2.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've considered altering the mesh, like in the hillp example, however this leaves the question of BC's.

Best Regards,

Mario