[Nek5000-users] Calculate the inverse laplacian

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 11 02:31:34 CDT 2018

Hi all,

I am having some problems in calculating the inverse Laplacian within Nek5000. The equation I wanna solve looks like "laplacian(phi) = Q", here Q is known, the solutions of phi need to be obtained.

I learnt that the Helmholtz equation includes laplacian operator. And in Nek5000, there is a subroutine named "hmholtz(name,u,rhs,h1,h2,mask,mult,imsh,tli,maxit,isd)", but I did not find any explanation on its usage. I am not sure whether it can be used for the solutions of inverse laplacian.

Does anyone have an idea on computing the inverse laplacian? Any discussion would be appreciated. Thank you very much for your time.

feng