[Nek5000-users] Accuracy & errors

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 14 20:13:06 CST 2018

Dear Nek users,

I would like to do a quick test to see the difference in accuracy using two different P-orders, i.e. N = 7, and N = 11. The question I have is about the role of time integration errors.  If the code uses  2nd or 3rd order of integration in time. That means that at some point the time-integration error will be larger than the spatial error.  I wonder what are conditions under which it happens?  Because once you are in that regime you will not see any difference between the various methods.

Thanks for the help.