[Nek5000-users] Temperature Perturbation Zone

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 14 20:21:28 CDT 2018

Hi Paul,

It's not the boundary temperature what I'm trying to modify but a arbitrary
zone inside the fluid domain. Boundary condition are 6 walls, 4 isolated
and 2 with constant temperature, but that is already settled up.

After reading some entries on the mailing list I tried this

      subroutine userchk()

      include 'SIZE'
      include 'TOTAL'

      real period,amplitude,perturb
      real px1,px2,py1,py2
      integer n

      amplitude = 1.2
      period = 0.75
      perturb = amplitude * sin( (2.0*pi/period)*time )

      px1 = 0.25/2.0-0.05
      px2 = 0.25/2.0+0.05
      pz1 = 0.5-0.1
      pz2 = 0.5+0.1

      n = lx1*ly1*lz1*nelt

      do i=1,n
          x=xm1(i,1,1,1)
          y=ym1(i,1,1,1)
          z=zm1(i,1,1,1)

          if(x.ge.px1.and.x.le.px2)then
          if(z.ge.pz1.and.z.le.pz2)then
(1)              temp = temp + perturb      ! Nothing happens
(2)              t = t + perturb                   ! WARNING: DIV(V)-QTL
too large!
          endif
          endif
      end do

      return
      end

After running the simulations, with (1) I get the same results that without
it; with (2) the solver indicates "WARNING: DIV(V)-QTL too large!" in every
timestep, makes some really small timesteps (1e-5 sec. vs 1e-2) and doesn't
seem to converge.

I guess that the addition of the perturbation is bad defined.

Nicolás

*Nicolás Andrés Órdenes Leiva*

Estudiante de Ingeniería Civil Mecánica
Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María
Tel: +56 9 7619 2857