[Nek5000-users] Integral on the wall

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 9 05:55:29 CDT 2018

Dear Valerio,

You would need to modify torque calc to do this,

assuming that your objective is to compute a line

integral of the pressure on the GLL points.

Assuming that your pipe mesh was made by

sweeping the geometry in the z direction with

n2to3, the modification should be quite easy.

The routine I would start with would be drgtrq

in navier5.f, which I see uses the two-index

loop to traverse faces based on jskip1 and jskip2.

For your case, I would use the facind() 3 index

loop approach (e.g., as used in norcmp2 routine).

Then you track the outer "k" loop and accumulate one

value for each k value and for each z level of the elements.

You will know the z level because it will be:

   klevel_e = 1 + (eg-1)/nelxy

where nelxy is the number of elements in your pipe

cross section.

Hopefully this will get you pointed in the right direction...

Best,

Paul