[Nek5000-users] Non-uniform mesh

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 7 10:26:32 CST 2018

Dear Neks,
I'm simulating the flow in a 90 degree bent pipe. I am trying to build
a non-uniform mesh which is finer in the bent section and coarser in
the straight sections. For this purpose I am writing this code in the
subroutine usrdat2:

do i = 1, nelv
         iel=lglel(i)
         if (iel.le.960) then
             z = 0.8*z
         elseif ((iel.gt.960).and.(iel.le.1728)) then
             z = 3.*z
         elseif (iel.gt.1728) then
             z = 0.5*z
         endif
enddo

The idea is to dilate the coordinates in the straight sections and to
shrink them in the bent section so that the mesh would be non-uniform.
However, this doesn't work. Is this the correct procedure?

Thanks. Best regards.