[Nek5000-users] Smoothness of the derivatives

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 26 08:34:53 CDT 2018

Hi Philipp!

Thank you for your answer!

In fact I have almost the DNS resolution ( the grid spacing is comparable with the Kolmogorov scale from the literature data) and rather small error in the dissipation field. But I want to see a smooth dissipation, so I really want to try to filter it.

As I understood filtering procedure is in  dssum subroutine. But looking at it didn't help to me to realize the process of the filtering.
So could you explain, please, how can I choose the filter to be used? Cause now I think that my filter doesn't go beyond one element and it is the reason why it  makes my dissipation field worse .

Best regards,
Vlad

С уважением,

Иващенко Владислав, ИТ СО РАН