[Nek5000-users] Smoothness of the derivatives

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 25 05:55:30 CDT 2018

Hi, Neks!

1) I am doing a DNS study of turbulent pipe jets and looking at turbulent kinetic energy budgets.

I take derivatives via gradm1 subroutine, for example:

call gradm1(uxdx,uxdy,uxdz,ux)

After all, if I look at my dissipation field (via outpost), I see some wrong values on the surface between spectral elements.
I want to filter them using:

call col2( uxdx ,bm1,ntot)
call dssum( uxdx ,lx1,ly1,lz1)
call col2( uxdx ,binvm1,ntot)

call dsavg(dxux)

for every array. But  conversely it leads  to an increase in gaps. What am I doing wrong?

2) How does a filter-function in  dssum  look and how much points does it use for filtering?

Best regards,
Vlad.