[Nek5000-users] Mesh modification in the periodic hill tutorial

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 12 07:09:21 CDT 2018

Hello Everyone,

                        I am a brand new user of Nek5000. I started off
with the periodic hill tutorial. In the mesh modification section, the
expression y'(x,y) = y + (3-y)(A + A\tanh(|x-B|-C)) where A,B,C are
0.166,4.5 and 3.5

respectively is yielding y' ~ 0.88 for x,y = 0. But, as far as i think
as the hill height is chosen to be 1, the expression should yield a
value (y') >=1 for x=0 and all 0<=y<=3. Kindly, help me regarding this.