[Nek5000-users] Dirichlet-Neumann BC

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 23 07:16:46 CDT 2018

Indeed traction boundary conditions are suitable. However it is unclear
which NEKUSE variable I should set. From bdry.f lines 1101 to 1103 :

             V1(IX,IY,IZ) = TRN
             V2(IX,IY,IZ) = TR1
             V3(IX,IY,IZ) = TR2

it seems that I should set TRN, TR1 and TR2 for (shear horizontal local)
'shl' BC.

The end goal here is to compute a friction velocity locally for which
loglaw - velocity at the first grid cell is zero.

For now whether I set 'shl' or 'SYM' I get the same results.