[Nek5000-users] BS's on moving domain problem

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 12 04:00:43 CDT 2018

Hi Neks,

I was doing an FSI problem on Naca0012. I had already validated an FSI problem on a cylinder. Here I confued a bit with BC's applied thourgh usr file.

Here is an example of the BCs on the cylinder from your examples

c-----------------------------------------------------------------------
subroutine userbc (ix,iy,iz,f,eg)
include 'SIZE'
include 'TOTAL'
include 'NEKUSE'

integer e,eg,f

common /c_mybc/ umesh lx1,ly1,lz1,lelt)
$ , umeshy(lx1,ly1,lz1,lelt)
$ , umeshz(lx1,ly1,lz1,lelt)

if (x .lt. -1.1) then
ux=1
uy=0.
uz=0.
else
e = gllel(eg)
ux = umesh ix,iy,iz,e)
uy = umeshy(ix,iy,iz,e)
uz = umeshz(ix,iy,iz,e)
endif

return
end

My doubt is why there is an else condition in the BC's.

Is it something related with the initial perturbation?
When I apply this BC on NACA0012 I get some strange boundary layer flow.

Could you please help me to solve this?

Thank you have a nice day

Sijo