[Nek5000-users] Extruding 2D .fld file to 3D

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 12 03:35:30 CDT 2018

Dear Ketan,

Finally I rerun the 2D simulation with ascii field output from the
beginning and found the reason why I failed:

To ensure the subroutine works, one should pay attention to  prepare the
ascii fld files. It is safe if the 2D simulation dump *fld field at the
beginning and take the last time slice to be used. But usually we run the
2D simulation with binary data output, so we can take one slice as restart
file and dump out a fld data  by setting param(66) =0 in *usr. But be
careful not only run one step, at least two steps, and choose any one of
2D.fld02, or 2Dfld03,...  as the base field. then run the 2dTo3Dextrude
simulation, every thing will go happily.

Again thanks your subroutine!!

all the best,
Wei

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 11:25 PM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Hi Wei,
>
> Sure, send me your 2D fld file and rea file via email: k m i t t a l 2 at
> i l l i n o i s . e d u
>
> Ketan

Wei HE 何偉
School of Aeronautics