[Nek5000-users] ffx ffy ffz in usr

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 23 11:36:59 CST 2018

I guess u_t is the friction velocity u_tau and u_b the bulk velocity
(for a channel). So that just means that the forcing ffx in the
streamwise direction will lead to a specific friction Reynolds number
(fixed pressure gradient) in channel flow. In other cases, where there
is no external pressure gradient (like boundary layers), you do not need
to use ffx to drive the flow.

Philipp