[Nek5000-users] Variable Viscosity in .usr file

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jan 21 11:59:47 CST 2018

Hello All,

I'm trying to simulate a low density jet expanding into air using low Mach
number formulation. I have followed the steps for enabling the stress
formulation from the documentation. Is it enough to specify the variation
of viscosity with temperature (sutherland formula) in the .usr (in uservp()
section) file? If yes, is there an example in Nek5000 repo? And it says in
the Nek Documentation that Idea Gas equation ( P = rho*R*T) has been hard
coded. So where do I input the information about R? And how will the solver
know that bulk fluid is air and the incoming jet is a fluid with lower
density?

I'm really grateful to any help I can get regarding my question. Thanks in
advance.

--
Nitish Kovalam
Aerospace Engineering