[Nek5000-users] How to change the x y z coordinates to be polar

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 18 14:32:54 CST 2018

Hi,
yes, you can rotate the stress tensor (already averaged in time and
axial direction) into the radial and azimuthal directions; then do the
azimuthal average, and finally go to the disturbance quantities. The
rotations can be done in various ways; I typically just write the
complete rotation matrix which can be constructed either using vector
identities, or simply with sine and cosine.

Philipp