[Nek5000-users] How to change the x y z coordinates to be polar

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 17 13:37:48 CST 2018

we typically calculate the statistics (first and second order tensors)
in the Cartesian system (x,y,z), and then use proper rotation matrices
to go to the cylindrical tensor components. Depending on the flow, one
can then also do a radial average. In some cases we evaluate the
statistics on the SEM mesh, or directly on an interpolated polar mesh.

Philipp