[Nek5000-users] conjugate heat transfer; NELT NELV; genmap

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 16 12:48:53 CST 2018

Hello Neks,

I am using conjugate heat transfer module.
Elements in velocity      domain    = 3072   = NELV
Elements in temperature domain  = 3072
Elements in PS1             domain  = 7424   = NEL
Elements in PS2             domain  = 7424   = NEL

When I generate .map file, genmap throws the following error
" reading .rea file data ...
  ERROR: error reading    2        3073        7424
  aborting 520 in routine rdbdry.  "

When I modify
Elements in temperature domain  = 7424   = NEL
It runs fine. I am able to generate .map and run a simulation and obtained
expected results.

When the number of elements in atleast one scalar is not equal to NEL,
there is a problem.

Is it possible to have the number of elements in temperature field = NELV
and the number of elements in other scalars = NEL?

Thank you advance.

Cheers,
Sandeep