[Nek5000-users] A postprocessing problem and a query about using LES

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 12 08:46:57 CST 2018

Dear experts in Nek5000 :
        Thank you for reading my email. I am a freshman in using Nek5000 and I am willing to simulate unsteady flow phenomenon  with LES method through parallel processes. And Nek5000 is the best solver for resolving my problem and I hope to reach my goal with the outstanding SEM-CFD tools.
        And I have been wondering 2 questions for a certain period of time:
        First of all, could you please introduce an appropriate sample for me to learn how to run Nek5000 within the LES formulation?
        And for the 2nd problem, when I dump the final result in .nek5000 format into the PARAVIEW postprocessing software, I could only see some principle fuild variaties fields to be selected in the GUI such as Vx Vy pressure and so on, and could you please give a proper example to show me how to add another paramters like fluctuating velocity in turbulent flow calculating by LES through the list in order to give more details, to illustrate my flow problem better.
        Thank you all the time for your supporting me and I am waiting for your earlier reply .

Best regards

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Haoran JU