[Nek5000-users] Instantaneous velocity field

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 21 15:53:46 CST 2018

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I am aware of those lines are intended for time-averaging. I was wondering if anyone could teach me how to generate the instantaneous velocity field
in a similar pattern like the following:

         open(unit=56,file='vel_fluc_prof.dat')
         write(56,'(A,1pe14.7)') '#time = ', time
         write(56,'(A)')
     &   '#  y     y+     uu     vv     ww     uv'
Thanks a lot,

Tim

this is not really instantaneous data, but rather statistics. Then you
would need to run some kind of averaging (in time, space etc.) and
proper postprocessing afterwards, which strongly depends on the actual
flow case. I am sure that there are people in this group that have done
this type of analysis for a variety of flow cases/geometries.