[Nek5000-users] Instantaneous velocity field

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 21 12:34:53 CST 2018

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, outpost() in fact does yield the information I am looking for.  But I hope I could generate the field information in .dat file similar to following pattern:

         open(unit=56,file='vel_fluc_prof.dat')
         write(56,'(A,1pe14.7)') '#time = ', time
         write(56,'(A)')
     &   '#  y     y+     uu     vv     ww     uv'

Could you please teach me how to do this?

Regards,

Tim

I forgot to add 'call' before outpost. Please read the block as:

  if (istep .eq. 10) then

       call outpost(vx,vy,vz,pr,t,'vel')

   endif