[Nek5000-users] turbChannel: history points and instantaneous velocity field

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 19 14:41:21 CST 2018

Dear Nek users,

I am attempting to use History Points features in turbChannel example and unfortunately I run into an issue. In the subroutine userchck, I added:

if(istep. eq. 1) then
              call hpts()                       !checkpoints
endif

where the file is name "check.his" , the format of which follows the user guide:
2             !number of checkpoints
1. -0.98 1.   !x,y,z locations
2. -0.67 4.

However, I received an error saying: Cannot open history file in subroutine hpts(). Has anyone run into this error before?

Another question really bothering me is that I could not figure out how to write out the instantaneous velocity field (u(x,y,z),v(x,y,z),w(x,y,z)) at a specific time step (istep). Could anyone please help me on this as well?

Regards,

Emily