[Nek5000-users] turbChannel: Definition of CFL and write/print files

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 14 14:14:46 CST 2018

Hi Emily,

You can write out field data at specific points within your domain by using
the history points feature. Simply set up a file *casename*.his in the
format specified in the user guide. Then in usrchk() in the .usr file
include
call hpts
This will write the field data at the specified points at every timestep.
Make sure that the max hpts parameter in your SIZE file is greater than the
number of points you have specified in your .his file. The data will be
written into the .his file as well.

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018, 3:02 PM <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Dear Nek users,
>

> I have a couple quick and preliminary questions. Could you please tell me
> where could I find the definition of CFL; more specifically, the
> file/subroutine where CFL is related to the time step, etc. The other
> question is that which file shall I go to add/modify lines to write out
> some field information in a file (like .dat files or so) or print on sreen?
>

> Thank you a lot for the help!
>

> Regards,
>

> Emily

*Amitvikram Dutta*