[Nek5000-users] turbChannel: Questions about targetCFL and dealiasing

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Feb 11 04:49:16 CST 2018

The code implements OIFS (operator integrator splitting factor) not an implicit fractional step method! A convection problem is integrated in substeps with RK4. For a targetCFL of 3.5 you need at least two substeps to be stable. You can increase the targetCFL even further depending on the desired accuracy.  If this helps to lower time to solution depends on the cost of the pressure solve.

If you want to run the solver as fast as possible turn off dealiasing. In all other cases turn it on (lxd has to have the right size e.g. 3/2 rule).