[Nek5000-users] rotation of aero foil

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 7 12:05:18 CST 2018

Hi Neks,

Its a long time that i came up with something. So here we go,
SInce I was doinf the FSI of aero foil, I have to deal with 2 degrees of freedom (its a 2D case) one in vertical and another in angular direction about the elastic axis of the profile. I could code the vertical motion of the foil but before starting the angular motion I have some doubts. Is there anyway to give the angular velocities directly to the mesh velocities? Apart from the translational velocity components Or Do you want me to covert the angluar velocities into translational components and give to mesh velocities? Do you have any example with a body which is rotating?

Thanks in advance

Sijo GEORGE

PhD student
Ecole centrale de Nantes