[Nek5000-users] Parabolic velocity profile at channel inlet boundary

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 2 07:59:37 CDT 2018

Hi Alok,

Assuming your inlet ranges from y = y0 to y1 and your flow is in the

x direction, the following should work in userbc:

      y0 =

      y1 =

      const =

      ux = const*(y-y0)*(y1-y)

      uy=0

      uz=0

where const is some number you choose.   You have to supply

const, y0, and y1.

Also, you must have 'v  ' boundary conditions on the inlet faces of the

elements that are at the inlet.

hth

Paul