[Nek5000-users] Impose velocity BC on the wall

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 1 00:01:15 CDT 2018

Dear Nek users,

I am trying to impose a periodic velocity to simulation blowing and suction on a flat plate. The current inlet has a specified velocity whereas the top and outlet are specified as 'O'. The bottom is wall, 'W'. Does anyone has any experience of specifing a temporally periodic velocity on a narrow strip of the wall? I tried to define this velocity in the usrchk like,

do i = 1, n

    x = xm1(...)

    y = ym1(...)

    IF (y .eq. 0) then

      if(x.LT... .and. x.GT...) then

      endif

    ENDIF

enddo

But this does not work. Could anyone give me some suggestions please?

Thanks in advance