[Nek5000-users] Change boundary condition type with time?

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 13 01:29:39 CDT 2018

Thank you Nicolas and Paul,

I think I understand your suggestion Paul about changing the BC:s in the way Nicolas suggests in usrdat2.

But in practice I dont know how to implement the Boolean "face belongs to part B".

Is this done using cbc(ifc,iel,ifld)=='v  '?

Paul: Yes, I was planning to have an inflow through an open bounday. I was not aware of that this may imply instabilities.

I want to simulate a flow resembling a "smoke ring" (vortex ring puffed out bya cigarette smoker). What BC:s would you suggest?

I could imagine that Dirichlet BC:s that change with time could work ...

Best,

Johan