[Nek5000-users] Change boundary condition type with time?

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 11 07:08:12 CDT 2018

Hi Neks,

I wonder if it is possible to have boundary conditions that chage type with time?

I want to simulate a flow where I make a 'puff' of fluid through a hole in a wall.

After the puff is made it continues to evolve without beeing forced.

Mathematically, this is what I want:

  1.  Dirichlet boundary conditions (ux,uy,uz) = (0,0,1) for the velocity at a part B of the boundary up to a time T.
  2.  Open boundary condition for the velocity at B for time > T.

Is this possible to implement?

Best,

Johan