[Nek5000-users] Planar average subroutines

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Sep 24 15:26:32 CDT 2017

Dear Neks, I need to calculate the average UY velocity in the top face of
my domain, every timestep. That face is the only one with "v  " BC, so I
think it is easier to identify the elements.

Now I need to do it in 2D, but soon I'll have to do it in 3D.

I've been reading something about planar_average_z subroutine, and also
planar_average_xy (for exemple). In navier5 I found only planar_average_z.

Any idea of how could use this subroutine to calculate the UY average in
the top face?

Thank you.

Regards,

Juan Pablo.