[Nek5000-users] Simulation hanging at 'mapping elements to processors'

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 21 17:49:22 CDT 2017

Hi Marco,

I'm not 100 % about the hanging point, but I suggest - especially for larger problems like this - running on a power of 2 processors (i.e., 1024 in your case).

This is particularly critical for performance when the XXT (default) coarse grid solver is used.  Less so, perhaps, for the AMG coarse solver...I'm assuming you're using the XXT one - but not certain.

Best,

Paul