[Nek5000-users] wavelet decomposition

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 31 07:07:52 CDT 2017

Hi Hesam,

I've not looked in detail at this paper, but my guess is that you're trying to do some convolution sums.  (How many?)

One option is just to do them.  For n points, the cost for each

is O(n).

Another option (perhaps), is to map all your data onto a uniform

grid and use an FFT-based convolution (provided your method

can be written this way, as I've seen in at least one paper on the

topic).   Here, a parallel FFT might be of value (but there might be

other ways as well).

hth,

Paul