[Nek5000-users] par file and moving mesh

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 19 07:51:59 CDT 2017

Hi all,

I am trying to switch from a rea file to a par file and I am having difficulties with the moving mesh capabilities. When visualizing the numerical solution, the mesh is not moving, whereas it was moving with a previous version of Nek5000.

I copied the par file from the my_cyl examples as a start point. The main different between my session and the mv_cyl session is the way the mesh motion is handled. I believe the mesh velocity is provided by the user through a function, whereas in my session the mesh velocity is solved for.

Below is the par file I am currently using:

#
# nek parameter file
#
[GENERAL]