[Nek5000-users] Axis in spectral elements

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 1 01:22:22 CDT 2017

Hi, Neks!

I am working with a complex geometry and want to change positions of some points in spectral elements. I've read in documentation that i,j,k,e in xm1(i,j,k,e), for example, are changed from 1 to nx1,ny1,nz1 and nelv respectively. But during my tests it's seemed that in different elements x,y,z axis not always correspond to the global coordinate system. Am I right?

And how could  I change only the lowest slice of an element, for example?

Best regards,
Elizabeth