[Nek5000-users] libxsmm within Nek5000

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 20 09:06:48 CST 2017

Let me add some more comments about this:

NekBox implements three tuned high-levels operators:
- opgrad
- interpolation
- axhelm

Note, in a typical production the time spend axhelm dominates (25-45% of the total runtime) where the other two are around 5% in total. From what I recall they managed to get a speedup of 1.5x for axhelm (lx1=8) compared to Nek5000 default implementation. This suggests that the overall speedup for lx1=8 is about 10-20% at most. Having this in mind I didn't explore it further because it doesn't buy you much.

Cheers,
Stefan