[Nek5000-users] Is turbulent model RANS available in Nek5000?

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 31 21:46:32 CDT 2017

Hi all,

I found several settings about RANS in Nek5000, but no instruction about it. I checked the output settings in subroutine rdout, and found only "X","U","P","T" can be exported. I thought the turbulence kinetic energy and dissipation ratio may be contained in passive scalars, then I added two passive scalars to export ,and found the values are all zero.  I really waste lots of time to read the programs.Now I am confused whether RANS is available in Nek5000? If anybody knows, please tell me is turbulent model RANS available in Nek5000? If not, then I can pay attention to other works. Thanks a lot!!

Hu