[Nek5000-users] About Reynold Averaged Navier-Stokes model in Nek5000

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 10 06:18:12 CDT 2017

Hi all,

I want to accomplish a turbulent inflow generation method in boundary flow simulation by Spectral Element Method (SEM).I have already tried Recycling-Rescaling Method, but failed.

And I wondered whether Reynold Averaged Navier-Stokes (RANS) model have been absorbed in Nek5000, then I can directly use RANS to get a turbulent inflow condition similarly? Or does it have any other approach for me to get a turbulent inflow condition? I tried really a lot on this, but still have no result. Sincerely hope somebody can give me an advice. Thanks a lot!

Best regards!

Hu