[Nek5000-users] Accessing the value of drag and lift coefficients in usrchk

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 30 07:22:00 CDT 2017

Dear JC,

Yes --- just pull a copy of the common block out of torq_calc in navier5.f:

      common /ctorq/ dragx(0:maxobj),dragpx(0:maxobj),dragvx(0:maxobj)

     $             , dragy(0:maxobj),dragpy(0:maxobj),dragvy(0:maxobj)

     $             , dragz(0:maxobj),dragpz(0:maxobj),dragvz(0:maxobj)

     $             , torqx(0:maxobj),torqpx(0:maxobj),torqvx(0:maxobj)

     $             , torqy(0:maxobj),torqpy(0:maxobj),torqvy(0:maxobj)

     $             , torqz(0:maxobj),torqpz(0:maxobj),torqvz(0:maxobj)

     $             , dpdx_mean,dpdy_mean,dpdz_mean

     $             , dgtq(3,4)

There you have access to all components, including breakdown into pressure and viscous
contributions.

If you have only one object (or surface),

      dragx(0) = force in x direction  (typ., = drag)
      dragy(0) = force in y direction (typ., = lift)

If you have multiple objects/surfaces, then dragx(k)=force in x direction on object k, k=1,...
and dragx(0) = sum_k=1,.. dragx(k)

Paul